Today is Armed Forces Day in Poland, known also as the Feast of the Polish Armed Forces. It's a national holiday celebrated annually on 15 August commemorating the anniversary of the 1920 victory over Soviet Russia at the Battle of Warsaw during the Polish–Soviet War.
The Cathedral of St. Vincent and St. Jame, from 1256 AD, is the seat of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Wrocław cathedral in Poland.
We begin our stroll around the islands...
A monastery on the back side of the cathedral.
More of those Wrocław dwarves are spotted along the water channel.
The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist in Wrocław, built 1244-1341 AD, is the seat of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Wrocław and a landmark of the city. The cathedral is the fourth church to have been built on the site.
We then grabbed a tram and headed about 20 minutes ESE to Centennial Hall.
Iglica is a 90 meter needle-like monument built in 1948 by Polish Communists.
The Centennial Hall was constructed in 1911–1913, when the city was part of the German Empire. Architect Max Berg designed Centennial Hall to serve as a multifunctional structure to host "exhibitions, concerts, theatrical and opera performances, and sporting events". The hall continues to be used for sporting events, business summits, and concerts.
Time for beer...
...and now back in the old city center...Old City Hall on the left below.
And then we find another brewery on the city square to end the day.